Sour Cherry GranolaJuly 5, 2018
Tofu cream cheese with parsleySeptember 8, 2018
Plum and apple galette
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Serves: 2 large galettes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup vegan butter/margarine
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups sliced plum
- 2 cups sliced apple
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in the vegan butter/margarine and mix it with your hands until crumbly.
- Pour in the coconut oil and water, then mix just until dough forms.
- Cut the dough into 2 even pieces and roll them into balls, then cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Unwrap the dough and place it on a piece of parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into a 12-inch (30 cm) round about 1/8-inch (0.3 cm) thick. Slide the parchment and the dough onto a baking sheet.
- For the filling mix together the apples, plums, sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- Place the fruit filling onto the dough, slightly mounding it in the center and leaving a 2-inch border around the edge.
- Fold the rim of the dough up and over the edge of the filling.
- Sprinkle the dough part with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake each galette for about 30 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Serve it hot with some ice cream. Enjoy!