1. To a medium-sized pot add olive oil then sauteé chopped onions and sweet yellow pepper with a pinch of salt until fragrant and translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add cubed carrots and sauteé for an additional 3 minutes.
3. Take the pot away from the heat and add all of the spices. Stir well then bring it back to the heat.
4. Add the cooked and strained lentils to the pot alongside 5 cups of water. Simmer it for about 20 minutes on medium-low heat.
5. After 20 minutes, add chopped kale and apple cider vinegar to the soup. Simmer for only 3 more minutes so the kale keeps its bright green color and most of its nutritional values.
6. Serve with vegan yogurt and red onions.