1. Take chickpeas, drain and wash, then add to a small saucepan.
2. Cook in water mixed with the baking soda for 5-8 minutes or until mushy.
3. To a high speed blender or food processor add mushy chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, water, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper.
4. Blend until smooth & creamy. If you want your hummus even creamier, add some ice cold water (about 1/4 cup).
5. Top with extra virgin olive oil, smoked paprika & chopped fresh parsley.
Enjoy with fresh carrot sticks, falafels, pita bread, use it as a salad dressing.. The possibilities are endless!