What you need:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
4 cups frozen green peas
1 medium potato, diced
2 sprigs of fresh thyme (or 1 tbsp dried)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
5 cups vegetable stock
1 cup soy milk
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a pot on medium heat.
2. Add chopped onions and a pinch of salt. Sauteé for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add minced garlic and thyme, sauteé for an additional minute.
4. Add peas, diced potatoes and vegetable stock then bring it to a boil. Once it starts boiling, reduce the heat and simmer the soup until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
5. Remove thyme sprigs at this point if you used fresh.
6. Transfer the soup into a blender, add the soy milk, salt and pepper to taste. Blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy. You can also use a stick blender at this step.
7. Serve with toasted pumpkin seeds and croutons.