1. Soak buckwheat in cold water overnight in a glass jar, covered with a thin cloth.
2. The next day, wash the soaked buckwheat thoroughly and drain the excess water.
3. Add buckwheat to a blender alongside the 1 cup of water, salt, cinnamon, dates and baking powder and blend until smooth.
4. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add a little bit of coconut oil (about 1/2 tsp at a time).
5. Pour 2 tbsp worth of pancake batter into the pan and cook until bubbles appear and the top looks mostly dry.
Flip and cook the other side for an additional minute, then transfer to a plate and cover with a kitchen towel to keep it soft and warm.
Repeat this process until you have no batter left.
6. For the caramelized pears, simply put pear slices with a tsp of coconut oil into the same pan when you've cooked up all your pancakes. Cook each side until caramelized and golden-brown.
7. Serve while it's still warm with a drizzle of good quality tahini and hemp seeds.