Baked goods & Desserts
Soups & Stews
Blondies with walnuts, coconut and chocolate
March 3, 2021
Cold Strawberry Oatmeal
March 7, 2021
What you need:
2 medium sized potatoes, about 2 cups when cut into cubes
2 medium sized beetroots, about 2 cups when cut into cubes
5 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1 tsp salt
1. Peel potatoes & beets. Cut into 1 cm cubes and boil in salted water until tender.
2. Puree beets in a food processor and mash the potatoes. Mix together and add salt.
3. Gradually add flour until a soft dough forms. You should get a fairly sticky dough .
4. On a well floured surface roll out the dough and cut it into thick slices, around 2 cm wide.
5. Shape each slice into logs and cut 1 cm pieces.
6. Using a fork shape the gnocchi (as seen on the pictures).
7. Boil them in salted water until they come up to the top.
8. Sauteé some rosemary and garlic in olive oil on medium-low heat and fold in the freshly cooked gnocchis. Slightly toast them until they're golden brown.
9. Serve with freshly cracked black pepper.
other main dishes:
Caramelized Onion & Sun-dried Tomato Galette
Rice Noodle Bowl
Mediterranean Chickpea Omelette