The well-known Thanksgiving dessert made healthier.
Vegan & Healthy Pumpkin Pie
Prep Time: 15 mins
Bake Time: 30 mins
Servings: 8 slices
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats, blended into flour
- ½ cup almonds, blended into flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp tahini/cashew butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumkin pie spice
- For the filling melt the chocolate, stir in the almond milk, maple syrup, spices and tahini.
- Let the mixture cool, then mix with pumpkin puree in a large bowl.
- For the crust blend the almond for 2-3 minutes, add in the oats and blend for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut oil and water until it forms a dough.
- Press the dough evenly into a pie pan (you want some on the sides too) and bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the filling and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Let it cool for at least 1 hour, then top it with some whipped coconut milk.