Roasted Red Pepper SoupMarch 1, 2018
Sour Cherry GranolaJuly 5, 2018
Crumbly crust, tangy and sweet ‘cheese’ layer. The perfect baked cheesecake.
It makes a restaurant-worthy dessert with some strawberries.
Vegan baked cheesecake
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice (agave, maple)
- 1 block (200 g) firm tofu
- 1/2 cup millet
- 3 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice (agave, maple)
- juice of a lime
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cornsarch
- 1/4 cup plant based milk (I used soy)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook the millet in 1 cup water on low heat.
- Blend together the oats, walnuts, coconut oil and 1 tbsp liquid sweetener.
- Press the crust onto bottom of cake pan.
- Blend together the tofu, cooked millet, 3 tbsp sweetener, vanilla, lime juice, soy milk and cornsarch.
- Spread out the mixture evenly on top of the crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Top your cheesecake with strawberries or any other fruit. Enjoy!
This recipe is made for a 9 inch/22 cm cake form. I used 3 smaller ones.